The Old Town of Riga is the oldest part of the city and its current network of streets was established in the 13th century. The warehouses in Miesnieku Street date from the 17th and 18th centuries, from the so called “Swedish Times”. Riga and the Vidzeme region came under Swedish rule after the Polish-Swedish War (1600 – 1629) and in a remarkably short time the cities in this region became a very profitable source of income, providing the state treasury with a third of its income. The main activities of the cities, including Riga, were trade and craftsmanship. And the Vilhelma Nami warehouses were rebuilt at this time to serve commercial activities. The property was named after Wilhelm Hatorp, the merchant who built the first buildings in Miesnieku Street in the 15th century. Since the reconstruction of the property in the 17th – 18th century, no alterations, except those to preserve the buildings, have been made up to the present.